4 ⅟2 + 1 year compulsory Internship.
|I Professional||1 Year||
|II Professional||1 Year||
|III Professional||1 Year||
|IV Professional||1 ⅟2 Year||
- There will be RGUHS examination at the completion of every professional.
- Supplementary examination will take place once in every 6 months.
- College level internal assessment examination takes place 2 times in one professional, in a gap of 5-6 months.
Criterion of Pass & Promotion:
- At least 50% of marks should be scored separately in Theory and Practical of each subject to be declared as pass in that subject, provided both Theory & Practical should be passed together.
- However, a student failed in more than 2 subjects shall not be eligible to keep the terms. A student failed in one OR two subjects will be allowed to keep the terms and will be promoted to the next phase. However only after passing all the subjects of previous phase a student will be allowed to appear in next phase examination.
- Students seeking admission to the first year BAMS degree must have passed the two year PUC examination of the PUC Board, Bangalore or any other examination considered equivalent there to by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional and with a practical examination in each subject with minimum 50% marks in these subjects.
- A candidate who has passed the Pre-professional examination in Medicine conducted by any other recognized university shall also be eligible for admission. Subjects studied in the occasional course will not be considered.
- The graduate with Chemistry, Botany and Zoology is eligible for admission provided he/she produces a certificate of having passed an examination in Physics, the syllabus of which is equivalent to that of the two year Pre- University Course in Karnataka.
- In the case of a candidate who has taken Zoology and Botany as separate subjects, the marks in those subjects at the degree level will be considered as Biology marks.
- A candidate who fulfils any one of the above requirements must have obtained not less than 50% marks in aggregate in the science subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) at the qualifying examination or at a higher (University) examination.
- No candidate shall be admitted unless he/she has completed 17 years of age as on 31st Dec. of the year of admission.
- Students who have passed an examination other than Pre – University, (Bangalore), should submit Eligibility Certificate before admission issued by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore